Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sutureself Blog

I am an aficionado of operating room tales regardless of where they occur along the time-space continuum. I stumbled upon this contemporary blog and there is  even a neat illustration of a clamp/scissors combination instrument that is stuck in my mind like one of those songs you hear over and over. That illustration reminds me of the retractor/suction combination I always wanted to invent, but never got around to. It's really cool, especially if you admire surgical hardware.  Check it out!
cherubino49.wix.com/sutureself

5 comments:

  1. I was looking around online for a electric cautery tool and came across the ones made by Bovie. It made me think of you.

    I don't plan to do my own surgery, but I do plan to melt the ends of ribbon to use in crafts. I didn't feel like using open flames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for thinking of me! Those old time Bovie units were impressive machines. They looked like Maytags and were just as reliable. They were also environmentally friendly in that there were none of those expensive throw-away grounding pads. Just a huge metal grounding plate smeared with conductive goo that went directly under a patients butt. I always wondered what went through a patients mind as the last thing that was done before anesthesia induction was to shove that cold goopy plate under them. We used to ask them to help by raising their hips off the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't suppose modern grounding pads do it for you? http://www.dremed.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/753_958_956

      Delete
    2. I don't suppose modern grounding pads do it for you? http://www.dremed.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/753_958_956

      Delete