Sunday, August 16, 2015

Nursing Diploma School Song

I have been attempting to recall the words to the following song we used to sing just about everywhere in school when  our instructors were out of earshot. I found an old yellow 3X5 card with just a couple of verses that I saved from school.

We came here to get a cap, Honey. Honey.
We came here to get a cap, Babe. Babe.
We came here to get a cap. But all we do is clean up crap.
Honey. Little baby mine.

We came here to get a pin, Honey. Honey.
We came here to get a pin. Babe. Babe.
We came here to get a pin, but all we do is live in sin.
Honey. Little baby mine.

When we took boards it seemed like everyone, regardless of their school, knew the song. If anyone remembers the other verses or would like to make some up, I would love to hear about it. For some reason the song got stuck in my aging brain and won't go away and it's driving me nuts that I can't remember the rest of it. There were at least as many verses as Santa had reindeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment